Make your smile as beautiful as the battery.
A bite is considered to be healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and not destroyed by normal daily usage. It is destructive when teeth show wear from clenching or grinding (bruxism), looseness (mobility), or when TMJ (jaw joint) damage is seen. Bite therapy helps restore a bite that can function without damage and destruction. The therapy may include:
- Reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth and eliminating spots of excessive pressures where the teeth are brought into contact. This is done by carefully dividing bite pressures evenly across all of the teeth.
- Bite splint therapy using a custom-fitted and adjusted plastic bite guard to keep the teeth apart, worn during the day, at night, or both.
- Braces to reposition mal-aligned or drifted teeth. We offer clear ClearCorrect braces at our office to patients who are potential candidates and refer more severe cases out to qualified orthodontic specialist.
- Replacement of old, worn out, or damaged fillings.
- Reconstruction of badly worn and damaged teeth.
- Regular Botox® injections can disable facial muscles enough to stop TMJ and bruxism issues.
For more information about Bite Adjustment procedures, or to make an appointment with Dr. Beall, Dr. Christopher, or Dr. Beall, Dr. Blanton, Dr. Christopher or Dr. Borden, please call our office: James Island Family, Cosmetic, & Implant Dentistry Charleston Office Phone Number 843-795-1111. You may also use our Appointment form, below.