An implant-supported overdenture is a contemporary restoration that has revolutionized the way surgeons and dentists think of replacing a full set of teeth. Standard dentures are unsecured prostheses with inherent limitations. Most often, dentures are painful, inconvenient, and unstable. Such dentures can make chewing foods difficult, limiting the foods that you once enjoyed. Modern dentistry can help with implant-supported dentures.
A Bar Attachment Denture replaces your missing teeth with a full dental bridge that is supported by at least four strategically positioned dental implants. By using fewer implants, the overall treatment time and cost are reduced. A Bar Attachment Denture also ensures greater stability in the bone, reducing the need for bone graft surgery to increase bone volume. Overdentures stay connected with bar and clip attachment methods or use a variety of abutment-based attachments (ball, magnets, and resilient stud attachments such as Locators). The most appropriate attachment system for your individual needs relates to a variety of factors that is determined early in the treatment.
How Long Does It Take For Bar Attachment Dentures?
Typically, a temporary set of teeth can be placed on the same day of surgery. The temporary teeth allow you to lead a normal life immediately after surgery. After a short healing period, your dentist will place the full-arch prosthesis. Your quality of life is improved, and you can start enjoying your favorite foods again with renewed confidence.
Scientifically proven and documented, Bar Attachment Dentures have had good clinical outcomes from decade-long studies with favorable results. For more information about Bar Attachment Dentures, or to make an appointment, please call us: (843) 795-1111.
Many Advantages of bar Attachment Dentures:
- A cost-effective solution: When compared to some other implant-supported restoration methods, your new replacement teeth require fewer implants for each jaw. With fewer implants required, the cost is lowered.
- Reduced need for bone grafting: The special angled placement of two of the implants ensures a secure and stable anchorage for the replaced arch, often making bone grafting unnecessary.
- Faster treatment and healing time.
- Immediate teeth: Your replacement arch can be attached to your dental implants immediately after insertion. There is no need to wait for healing time between surgery and tooth replacement.
- Easy maintenance: Proper oral hygiene and Bar Attachment Dentures are easy to care for. This option relieves the many frustrations of caring for removable appliances.